When travelling in Holland check what items of motoring equipment are required.
- Headlamp Beam Adaptors
- GB Plate
- Spare Bulbs
- Warning Triangle
Strongly Advisable Items
- First Aid Kit
- Fire Extinguisher
- Reflective Vest
Speed Limit - km/hr (mph)
Motorways Motorways (min speed) Major roads outside towns Built-up areas
120 (74) 60 (37) 80 (50)
With single axle trailer : 80 (50)
- Compulsory in front seats and rear seats if fitted.
- Under 12 years not allowed in front unless in correct child safety seat/harness.
- Children in the rear: 0 - 3 years must use correct child safety seat/harness if available, 4 - 12 years must use correct child safety seat/harness or seat belt if available.
- Two and three lane toll-free motorways connect all parts of Holland with neighbouring countries.
Drinking and Driving
The level of alcohol in the blood must be below 0.5 g/l.
Minimum Tyre Depth
Police are authorised to impose and collect fines on the spot. They must issue a receipt for the amount paid.
- Blue Zone parking systems operate and disc can be obtained free from police stations.
- Parking meters also operate in certain areas.
- Vehicles parked more than 30 metres from a street light require parking lights.
- Wheel clamps will be used on illegally parked cars.
Emergency Phone Numbers
- Police 112
- Fire Service 112
- Ambulance 112
- Modest tolls are charged at some bridges and major road tunnels.
- Customs or border formalities are rarely encountered.
- Driving licence and vehicle documents should be carried at all times.
- Cyclists on cycle paths have right of way.
- Trams have right of way.